2015 Buckeye Trail 50k
DATE: Saturday, July 11, 2015 at 7:00 a.m. 9 hour limit
Early start option at 6:00 am for 10 hour time limit (early start will require headlamp)
START and FINISH: Oak Grove Picnic Area in the Brecksville Reservation, Brecksville, Ohio 44141
DATE: Saturday, July 11, 2015 at 7:00 a.m. – 10 hour limit
START and FINISH: Start & Finish is at Oak Grove Picnic Area in the Brecksville Reservation.
WHAT YOU GET: All participants will receive a gender specific short-sleeved tee. Finishers will also receive a custom finisher’s medal.
Top Three (3) Men and Women Overall • Top One (1) Men and Women Masters • Top One (1) Men and Women Grand Masters • Top Three (3) Men and Women in the 29 and below age bracket • Top Three (3) Men and Women in the 30 to 39 age bracket, 40 to 49 age bracket, 50 to 59 age bracket , 60 and over age bracket
REFUND POLICY: There will be no refunds once you have registered for the race.
RACE LIMIT: The first 175 registrants.
COURSE MARKING: “Follow the Blue Blazes” – Primary trail marking are the Blue Blazes painted on trees. Secondary marking are arrows on stakes. (Note: If you wander off-course, return on your own power to the last known point before proceeding.)
AID STATIONS: Stations will be found every four to six (4-6) miles. Special Note – This year all participants are expected to carry their own water bottle. No cups or paper products will be used. xx products including Gel and Heed as well as water, pop, peanut butter and jelly, and pretzels will be provided at every aid station. There are also unmanned water stops along the course. Restrooms are available at Oak Grove, , Ottawa Point, Boston Store, Pine lane. Aid stations are listed below.
- SNOWVILLE RD. (Miles 6 & 25) – NO PARKING on Snowville Rd. There are no safe parking spots. – Nearest parking is 3/8 mile on Riverview Rd.
- BOSTON STORE (Miles 11.5 and 20)
- PINE LANE – RTE 303 (Mile 15.6) – Turnaround point (25k)
COURSE GUIDELINES: WARNING: Recent rains might have washed out multiple sections of the trail. Be advised that the trail could be slippery and muddy. Be prepared for wet conditions and loose footing. Down trees are always on the trail, so use caution navigating over or around them. Bridges can be slick and cambered causing potential hazards so be aware of your footing.
- The trail is well marked and the trail well traveled. You should not get off-course. Follow the blue blazes.
- There are no less than 8 stream crossings in each direction. Most are 4-6 inches deep “one-footers.” You can get across most every one with a good hop and getting only “one-foot” wet. Plan on wet feet.
- Road crossings. There are 8 road crossings in each direction with 4 crossings of Boston Mills Road going each way. Also, is easy to get off course in the final mile before the finish line. Be sure to finish along the correct driveway without cutting off the course.
- The mosquitoes and deer flies are abundant.
- Please be considerate to all trail users. Take all litter with you. Yield to return trip runners.
- Runners can NOT receive aid from crew outside of aid station…this will lead to automatic disqualification!
Friday July 1oth • 4pm to 7pm
Vertical Runner of Brecksville
7059 Mill Rd
Brecksville, OH 44141
Saturday July 11th
Race Day packet pickup is at
Oak Grove Picnic Area in the
Brecksville Reservation on Race
Day from 6:00 a.m. to 6:45 a.m.
Anyone wanting to volunteer at the 2015 Buckeye Trail 50K can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We have plenty of opportunities to get involved and additional volunteers are always needed
Race Volunteer Requirements:
Before a runner may participate in 2015 BT50K, he or she must have completed 3 hours of volunteer service at the 2014 BT50K or in support of another event, local park, and/or trail system. This service must be completed in the 12 months preceding the race. Click here to download PDF.